Monday, November 15, 2010

Stumbleupon is neat

A coworker recently told me he finds some really cool stuff using Stumbleupon. Now, I had heard of Stumbleupon before, but I had never tried it. I'm not sure why. The concept is cool.

I gave it a spin today, and here's my experience so far. Account sign up? Fairly easy, though it did kind of nag me to use a facebook account and import some friends or something. Once that was setup, it was fairly straightforward.

So far I've found a couple of really cool links, after telling it I liked ~35 things, and disliked 5, and skipping a few.
  • 28 Rich Data Visualization Tools - some really cool graph and chart tools
  • UX Movement - a great site about user experience. I'm already learning some useful things, like better ways of presenting form data and search buttons. 
So, Stumbleupon is pretty neat. That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment