Friday, November 20, 2009

Practice your TDD

Misko Hevery made a great blog entry Tuesday. He posted a sample project for practicing TDD. We know that Beginners Need Steps, and that's exactly what he provided. Testing is a skill that is not innate - we as developers need somewhere to start.

In his post, he provides a starter project that can be grabbed from a Mercurial repository and used to practice TDD. The basic code is already layed out, including the first few tests. He even describes how to turn on a setting in Eclipse that will run your tests every file save. Slick - I didn't even know that was possible. That is serious TDD.

I consider this a personal testing homework assignment - I encourage anyone reading to do the same.

I will try to remember to post my resulting source & test code when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment